Parish Council Meeting: 11 May 2006
Present: S. Bust, A. Fraser, G. Herbert, A. Paris & I. Sharman, N. Armstrong & D. Parrish.
Election -Chairman & Vice-Chairman : S. Bust – Chairman, A. Fraser – Vice-Chairman; elected unanimously.
Election of officers: all agreed unanimously:- Xmas Charities – S.B./A.P.; Press Officer – A.P.; Transport Officer – G.H.; NALC Reps – A.F./D.P.; Snow Warden – S.B.; Flag Officer – S.B.; Crime Prevention – A.P.; Financial Officer – P. Rickett; Internal Auditor – E. Gathercole unavailable – others to be asked.
I.S. left meeting.
1. D.P. reported that she put sand on the footpath off Back Lane to get rid of woodlice problem.
2. Clerk to action plaque for Golden Jubilee tree in churchyard, and re-gilding of the WWII stone.
3. A.P. to attend Neighbourhood Watch AGM: 17 May.
4. A.P. reported letter from MP Paddy Tipping’s office asking for further information re penalties on early redemption of village hall mortgages. A. Paris to make contact and to report back.
1. Action Plan - progressing satisfactorily.
2. G.H. reported some footpath stiles need attention. Footpath problems - report to E. Gathercole & Parish Paths Partnership.
3. Dog Fouling – see news item; Ongoing problems - report to D.C. Tel: 01636 655606.
4. Litter bin – to be mounted on new bus stop sign at school. Clerk to contact Bus Company to progress.
5. Proposed closure Fiskerton tip – contact C.C. to express dissatisfaction.
Entertainments Committee: M. Thompson to arrange meeting. Halam PTA would like to bring bonfire back into village. Suggested events : village fête; strawberry event; harvest supper; village tramp.
Notice Board : Halam will not receive funding from ‘Building Better Communities’. Money to be raised ourselves. (Around £1,400).
State of the Roads : awaiting information from C.Cllr. Stewart
Speed Watch : About 6 to 10 speeding vehicles are being reported twice weekly. Lack of police feedback - disappointing – Clerk to liaise with John Whitaker & contact police coordinator for more info.
Trucks are coming through Halam from Minster School building site - appears to be against planning conditions; N.A. to find out.
Ivy on Trees : Waiting for information from Maurice Hinde
Design Statement: Chairman N. Croston to arrange next meeting
School bus seat belts : A. Fraser reported tenders for school buses for the C.C. do not require buses to be fitted with seat belts, nor specify any environmental factors. All agreed that it was poor that no safety or environmental specifications are included. N.A. will raise this with our County Councillors.
Interactive sign/street lighting : - final decision re interactive speed sign for Halam Hill to be made in the next 3 weeks. Halam is ‘likely to get one’ - this will affect plans for improved street lighting at crossroads. Sue Haydon from the C.C. will conduct further surveys
Open Meeting : Matters raised
1) End of year accounts for P.C. were requested
2) Interactive sign - probably a more simple version will be provided.
3) A petition was suggested to support installation of speed sign
4) M Thompson reported possible sources of funding for proposed new village hall. Information to be passed to A. Fraser
1. Best kept village competition – Judging will take place later in the summer – efforts to keep Halam looking tidy and well cared for would be appreciated.
2. Community Safety Liaison: 24 July – A.P. to attend.
3. C.C. Civic Service – 16 July, Southwell Minster at 11.00am.
4. Minster School – fund-raising: all parishes in catchment area are being asked to contribute. Agreed unanimously to sponsor Year 7 prize in school photo competition (up to £50)
Planning Decisions :
Briar Croft School Lane–approved;
Hill Farm Barn, Halam Hill–approved;
Strickland Farm– withdrawn;
Waggon & Horses – withdrawn;
Bramley, Halam Hill – refused.
Finance : Resolved to pay: hall cleaners; P.C. insurance premium. All outstanding debts from ‘Kids Club’ - now settled.
Items for next agenda : Events; notice board; ivy on trees.
Village Hall : Draft business plan figures circulated for consideration. N.A. had initial discussion with adjoining landowner re possible access across their field to Gray Lane. Meeting to be held to discuss further & format referendum.
Date of Next Meeting :- P.C. Meeting – single subject: proposed new village hall: Thursday 25 May at 7.30pm.
Normal P. C. Meeting: Thursday 8 June at 7.30pm
Future Parish Council Meetings – 13 July and 10 August