Parish Council Meeting: 11 May 2005
Present : S Bust, G Herbert, N Armstrong, A Fraser, A Paris & D Parrish; Apologies: I Sharman
Election of Chairman & Vice-Chairman : Chairman – SB; Vice-Chairman – AF; Election of Officers: Xmas charities: SB & ARP; Press Officer: ARP; Transport Officer: GH; NALC reps – AF, GH & DP; Snow warden – SB; Internal auditor – E.Gathercole to be asked if she will act; Flag officer – SB; Crime prevention – ARP; “Kids Club” officers – whole PC; Financial officer – the clerk.
Matters Arising : Letter re parking in the village – to be amended as agreed and circulated with next Halam News
Parish Plan : Progress review against action plan: - 1. Letter received from N&S DC in response to the PC’s letter; noted in particular:- a) Halam’s classification as a large village ‘could be different’ under new Local Development Framework. b) Amendments to plans after planning permission has been granted – DC to only allow amendments which “are very minor in nature”; in future DC will ‘send a copy of the authorised amending drawing to the Parish Council for your information’. c) Development of a protocol to ensure Parish’s views are taken strongly into account – DC believes adequate opportunities are given for consultation, but would ‘be glad to know in what ways … existing arrangements are insufficient and how you would wish to see revised procedure’. Agreed to write to ask that the local DC member be allowed to attend site meetings to provide local knowledge and the views of the Parish. Also, planning officers should attend a meeting (Parish or open) in the village to discuss any particularly significant or controversial applications. 2. Neighbourhood Watch – only 3 groups left to get up and running. Meeting to be arranged with local beat officer. 3. Speeding – to be discussed 19 May with Mr Charnley. 4. Footpath group – performing local survey
5. Dog Fouling – still a problem; dog owners please note: Clean up after your dogs and/or use the dog bin.
6. Litter – update to be requested from school. Awaiting information on insurance re litter working parties. 7 . Recycling –more info to be circulated in the village. 8. Halam Events – committee formed and meeting regularly. 9. Parish Plan bank account now closed; bank statements, cheque books and 6p interest given to the clerk.
Possible restrictions on Mansfield Road : C.C. Stewart reported that wear to the footpath and parapet wall over the Beck near junction of Holme Lane may necessitate closure of the footpath and one lane of the road before and during repairs. The situation will be monitored.
N&S DC Local Development Framework : The clerk to write to N&S with the PC’s agreed comments.
Village Hall Cleaning : Cleaners to provide own cleaning materials in future – should improve cleaning standards.
Noticeboard : Awaiting advice on location from Notts CC.
Hedgerows: Where hedges are causing problems, – overhanging footpaths etc – please contact the clerk.
Playing Field : Deferred until the new village hall is assessed.
Education Classes : DP is progressing this
Annual Village Booklet : DP, AP and E.Gathercole to progress.
Recycling : Further publicity – poss. in annual village booklet
Footpaths : Footpath group progressing
Speed Limits through Village : Would a 20mph limit at certain times be a possibility? To be discussed with C. Charnley
Open Meeting : Matters raised: 1) Publicity/flyers for meeting with Chris Charnley 2) Flag for Halam 3) Poor state of street furniture 4) Emptying of bin on corner of Holme Lane 5) Planning consultation by N&S DC – do they have targets and are these met? 6) If there are problems with the state of the school hall after Kids Club, the club committee should be invited to see the problems for themselves
Reconvened Parish Council Meeting :
Correspondence : 1) Invite from RCC to their AGM 17 th October at Gedling BC offices 2) Letter from Sir John Starkey asking for meeting – agreed to inform him of open meeting section of Parish Council meetings, and give dates of next meetings
Planning : Ashcroft, Grey Lane, – erection of double garage: passed unanimously
Finance: Resolved to pay: hall cleaners; Best Kept Village Competition entry fee; dog bin charges; Agreed to authorise statutory payments by Standing Order (electric/rates/mortgage for Village Hall); Agreed to hold Village Hall charges for present, and raise allotment charges to £12.50 from 1 April 2005.
Items for next agenda : Parish Plan
Village Hall : Ian Sharman declared a prejudicial interest and left the meeting. The feasibility study was circulated to the Parish Councillors. A (closed) meeting will be held to discuss further as soon as possible.
Date of Open Next Parish Council Meeting :- Thursday 9 th June at 7.30pm followed by Parish Council Meeting