Present: S. Bust; A. Fraser; G. Herbert; N. Armstrong.
Apologies: A. Paris; D. Parrish; I. Sharman.
Matters Arising from the Minutes:
- Churchyard – quotes needed for re-gilding & new memorial plaque.
- Housing Survey – deferred to next meeting
- Seat Belts on School buses – Cllr Stewart will continue to lobby for these.
- Design Statement – awaiting response from sub-committee.
- Interactive signs – Cllrs Stewart & Laughton reported that a decision would be made in near future and they would continue to put on pressure.
- Entertainment Committee – PTA would like to see the bonfire back in Halam; Harvest Supper will be October, date to be confirmed; possible treasure hunt and fete; some of funds raised will go towards a new notice board.
- State of Roads – Mrs Holmes from NCC has visited Radley Rd – worst parts to be repaired, but not substantially until new financial year.
Open Meeting : Mr R Dix (N&SDC) is leaving end of year.
Correspondence : 1) RCC AGM: deferred to next agenda. 2) Interim Parish Conference 21 June – A. Paris, D. Parrish; G. Herbert to attend.
Village Hall Car Park : G. Herbert will arrange for weeds to be cleared.
Planning: Holbeck Cottage, St Michael’s Close: Erection of timber fence to Radley Road side of property and new planting; passed unanimously.
Finance : All agreed to pay village cleaners (2 bills)
Items for next agenda : 1) Harvest Supper 2) Memorial Tree Plaque 3) RCC AGM at Rolleston Village Hall 4) Speed Watch.
Date of Next Meeting : Thursday 13 July at 7.30pm
Village Hall : A. Fraser explained the proposed site map of position of Village Hall and houses. Next meeting would be how to phrase wording of referendum.
Meeting closed at 9pm.
Parish Council Meeting 15 June 2006 at 7.30pm
Apologies: I Sharman (pecuniary interest)
Single item agenda – Halam Village Hall Refendum : Discussion took place on the wording of the referendum which will be going out to all villagers; agreed to meet briefly to scrutinise final draft on 22 June.
Parish Council Meeting 22 June 2006 at 7pm
Apologies : I Sharman (pecuniary interest)
Single item agenda: Village Hall Referendum revised to Village Hall Referendum final version.
Mr Hallam attended the meeting to assist with distribution of the referendum; agreed to distribute by the 9 July at the latest and collect by the 20 July.
There was no further business; meeting closed at 8.15pm.
Date of next meeting: Thursday 13th July at 7.30pm in the village hall