Parish Council Meeting: 9th June 2005
Present: Simon Bust, Andrew Fraser & Glenys Herbert
Apologies : Andrew Paris, Di Parrish & Ian Sharman
Matters Arising : 1. Bridge work on the Turnpike now completed; 2. Letter of complaint received re encroachment of hedge on Halam Hill
Parish Plan Progress review against action plan:- 1. Clarified use of village hall document 2. Parish booklet – E. Gathercole declined to take part; DP & AP to investigate producing leaflet 3. Footpath Group – surveys completed. These will be written up for a report to the next meeting
Yellow “no parking” lines : There was no support for yellow lines at the Radley Road/Halam Hill junction. Resolved to take no further action.
Open Meeting : Matters raised:- 1. New village hall feasibility study – discuss at July’s meeting 2. Children climbing on the school roof – if this continues, access will have to be restricted 3. Traffic calming on Radley Road 4. Internal audit – report by next meeting 5. Transport – bus frequency; letter to be produced 6. Help for neighbours – NALC to be consulted regarding legal liability 7. Safe Routes to School – open meeting 30 th June at 8pm, Halam school
Correspondence: 1) Notts CC – litter bins OK as long as narrow diameter. Both locations for notice board acceptable; consent needed & utility search required. PC to meet early for July meeting to review possible sites.
Clerk to write to bus company to get permission to attach bin to bus stop.
2) County Council Civic Service on 17 th July at 11am (seated by 10.45am), followed by lunch at Minster School.
3) Halam School – construction work started, will run till end Aug. Parking problems – please park considerately. Sports Day will go ahead.
4) Kids Club – request for repeat booking. Financial difficulties – emergency funding application. Run Club on Friday evenings until Sept in school, not village hall – revert to a 5 day letting after this date. Club applying for funding for improved storage.
5) Letter from a parishioner re traffic calming/road markings at the Manor House end of Radley Road read out. Expressed view that such measures were unnecessary and unwelcome.
6) Letter from Mr Charnley (Notts CC Highways) – 30mph speed limit to be extended up Halam Hill.
7) Matters to be investigated – footpath on north side of Halam Hill; accidents at Edingley end of Halam on Mansfield Road. Letter confirmed plans to introduce traffic calming on Radley Road.
The Parish Council voted to accept the proposed road markings on Radley Road (by Manor Stables).
Planning Decision : Highbird House - extension: planning application approved by District Council
Finance : Resolved to pay: village hall cleaners; bus cleaners; annual insurance
Next agenda item : Roads/issues - NCC Highways’ letter
Date of Next Parish Council Meeting :- Thursday 14 th July, meet at Church 7.00pm; P. C. Meeting at 7.30pm