Parish Council Meeting: 10 November 2005
Present: S .Bust; A .Fraser; G .Herbert, D .Parrish: A .Paris; I. Sharman.
Apologies: N. Armstrong; C.Cllr A .Stewart.
Matters Arising :
1) Neighbourhood watch – will residents please circulate any information re incidents in the village, even if this hasn’t come via the police Ringmaster system.
2) Poachers have been seen in the village – please be alert & report suspicions to farmers whose land is involved & the police. 3) Halam Hill pavement – cleaning has been done, but further clearing of mud/undergrowth needs to be carried out. N. Armstrong to action.
Parish Plan :
D. Parrish and A. Paris to meet to discuss putting together a “village welcome pack”.
Design Statement :
The first meeting of the Parish Working Group is scheduled for Thursday 19 January
The insurance position regarding volunteers litter picking was raised; C. Mercer to be asked for information.
Christmas Tree :
It was agreed that the village should have a Christmas tree with lights next year outside the church, subject to PCC agreement. D. Parrish to coordinate.
State of the Roads :
Red tarmac for ‘gating’ will be put down in March. Sign near ‘Norfolk House’ will be reinstated imminently. Street lighting will be extended up Halam Hill and 30mph zone extension is progressing, and interactive signage is still likely.
General state of roads was discussed and it was agreed to keep pressure on the County Council for further, more substantial repairs.
Clerk will speak to NCC Highways again regarding gulleys on Halam Hill. They need cleaning out.
Some unblocking of the Radley Road sewers was done over the New Year, the situation will now be monitored.
Notice Board :
Waiting for feedback from “Building Better Communities” scheme.
Community Speed Watch :
John Whitaker reported that the first ‘live session’ is scheduled for January; awaiting police speed signs and provision of ‘hi-vis’ jackets.
Thanks to John for buying a speed gun to use in Halam. Scheme needs to be registered with the P.C.s insurers – Clerk to speak to P.C. Brown and action as necessary.
Residents, please be aware all cars passing through the village will be monitored – including those of people who live here!
Open Meeting :
It was reported that its was unlikely that a 20mph speed limit would be put in place past the school as the route is a major road.
The Old Barn, The Turnpike – conversion of existing garage with extension to existing house: planning and Listed Building consent approved unanimously
Planning Decision :
Meadow Cottage, Radley Road – erection of 1st floor extension: approved by D.C.
Agreed to donate £20 to the school for use of the computer projector for the village hall presentations.
Items for Next Agenda :
Minor amendments to Standing Orders/Financial Regulations
Village Hall :
Ian Sharman declared a prejudicial interest and left the meeting. Letter and information regarding the proposed new village hall to be circulated a.s.a.p.
Date of Next Meeting :- Thursday 9 February at 7.00pm
Please note – Mike Evans, Head of Planning, will be attending this meeting at 7.30pm to discuss the proposed new village hall and answer questions from residents. This is your opportunity to find out the District Council’s view on the proposal.