Parish Council Meeting, 7.30pm, Thursday, 10th
All Councillors Present: Apologies to Di Parrish who
was missed off last month's attendance list.
1) Village Hall:- agreed to investigate further the costs of bringing
hall up to standard re disabled access requirements & carry out essential
maintenance; Chairman and Clerk to discuss with Martin Hubbard and
report next month. Once a costed schedule of works has been formulated
grant/funding options will be explored.
2) Parish Plan: Findings Summary approved for circulation to the
Parish. RCC will be asked to destroy all completed questionnaires
now that statistics have been gathered.
3) Harvest Supper: To be held on 9th October, & used as fund-raising
to help pay for village hall improvements.
4) Village Newsletter: Congrats to Karin for excellent 25th year
anniversary issue of the newsletter. Thanks to all who have contributed
to the newsletter's success over past 25 years. Please note: the newsletter
needs funds - £3 per household would be a great help!
5) Traffic Calming: County Cllr A. Stewart reported that Halam is
still high priority for a shared flashing 30mph speed sign. Meanwhile
the gating system (red tarmac, larger signs) will be progressed, keeping
our 'place in the queue' in case the signs are not forthcoming.
6) Neighbourhood Watch: Following open meeting, the scheme is progressing;
co-ordinators are being organised prior to the Ring Master system
Matters raised: Planning application - Holbeck Cottage - objections
New school hall - disabled facilities for children only
Hedge at bottom of Halam Hill - hazard to traffic emerging from School
Lane (Clerk to speak to owner)
Youths on Holme Lane - nuisance & litter (situation to be monitored)
Village Hall alcohol licence - may be restrictions in use imposed
at purchase from Methodists
Village letterbox - is it always emptied on time/daily? (Clerk to
write to Postmaster)
Thanks to Tim Farr for trimming the hedges opposite Chimney Cottage
on School Lane.
1) Health & Safety meeting, 29 July at 7.30, Walesby village hall
- Clerk to attend.
2) Safety Liaison Group meeting, 26 July at 7.00, Kelham Hall - ARP
3) Tea at 2.30 Club - many thanks for £40 donation to Village Hall
District Council planning committee have rejected the application
for the extension at Holbeck Cottage, Radley Road.
1. Holbeck Cottage, St. Michael's Close - extension to rear; porch
to front (revised plans): Rejected unanimously due to detrimental
effect on amenities of neighbours (Policy H24)
2. The Old Barn, Manor Fields - new front door, alterations to entrance
hall, new conservation roof lights; other internal alterations: Approved
It was agreed to pay the village hall cleaners.
The Parish Council thanks David and Diane Stubbs for the planters
and flowers in front of the village hall.
Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 12th August - PLEASE NOTE