Parish Council Meeting: Thursday 8th March 2007
Present : Mr. Simon Bust, Mr. Andrew Fraser, Mrs. Glenys Herbert, Mr. Andrew Paris & Mrs. Di Parrish
Apologies : Mrs Nora Armstrong & Mr. Ian Sharman
Crime Reduction :
Mr Trevor Timson, Crime Reduction Manager from Newark Police station gave a talk on ways of making the home safer from burglary. He then answered questions from the floor, and handed out copies of a booklet “A Guide to Home Security”. Anyone who would like a copy of this Home Office publication can contact Andrew Paris, Crime Reduction Manager on 815844 or email@example.com
Matters Arising :
Norwood Park Golf Course Extension – as no written response has been received from District Council, the Clerk will contact them again for their comments on this matter. To be put on the ajenda for next month.
Village Hall :
Extension/refurbishment –John Thornewill showed the proposed plans for submission for planning permission. With the addition on a high-level circular window, it was agreed that John Thornewill should submit the plans as soon as possible.
Parish Plan :
Village Contact Sheet - Andrew Paris and Di Parrish agreed to meet prior to next meeting to come up with some ideas
Design Statement :
Next meeting to be confirmed; Andrew Paris to progress with Neville Croston.
Notice Board :
To be made by Mr Islip – 3-door version
Signage on Halam Hill :
Di Parish stated that the signs on Halam Hill look cluttered and untidy. It was agreed to ask the County Council about tidying/rationalising them; Andrew Paris to arrange to have the Neighbourhood Watch sign cleaned/replaced.
Risk Assessment :
The report previously prepared by Andrew Paris was discussed. The Clerk agreed to see to the action points raised.
Twenty Plenty – 20mph :
It was agreed to wait until after the interactive sign was in place before pursuing this further.
Open Meeting :
Matters raised -
1) the location of the interactive sign was discussed – too far up the hill? County Cllr Andy Stewart will ask County Council to contact us about its siting (should have happened before the sign was erected).
2) it was reported that the Police speed van/camera back-up to the Community Speed Watch has been withdrawn due to lack of funding. Andy Stewart will express our complete dissatisfaction at County level.
3) the second location for the Community Speed Watch will be officially assessed for safety on 16 th March.
4) Subsidence of the bank by the bridge on Gray Lane – Clerk to investigate and report back.
5) Car parking in front of the village hall (by people not using the hall) – Clerk will write to the person(s) concerned.
Clean Neighbourhood & Environment Act 2005 – Dog Control Orders :
The District Council intend to introduce district wide dog control measures. They are seeking input from Parishes In the district. To be discussed further at the next meeting.
Government White Paper – Our countryside: the future – A fair deal for rural England :
Andrew. Paris circulated a summary of the White Paper. As this legislation is now in place, no further action to be taken.
1. Halam C of E Primary School, The Turnpike – Extension to office and entrance lobby: supported unanimously.
Planning Decisions :
1. Grange Farm, Radley Road – Change of use farm buildings for B8 and B1: approved by District Council.
2. Bramley, Halam Hill – demolition of existing bungalow and erection of two-storey dwelling: refused by District Council
Resolved to pay the village hall cleaners; bus shelter cleaning bill; Gill & Taylor bill and the Clerk’s wages. A vote of thanks was given for Patrick Rickett for his hard work and commitment over the past year as Parish Council Clerk. It was also agreed to pay J.M.T. Design and the planning fees for the village hall application.
Parish Council Insurance :
Andrew Paris agreed to look through this prior to renewal and report back.
Village Allotments :
Work to be done in cleaning out the drainage dyke once the present high levels of water have receded.
Village Hall Letting Rules :
To be revised following refurbishment of the hall.
Date of Next Meeting :- Thursday April 12 th at 7.00pm – Annual Parish Meeting (Open Meeting for the Village), followed by April’s Parish Council Meeting.